Chatham Bars Inn Wellbeing Plan
May 12, 2020
Welcome back to Chatham Bars Inn. We are so excited to share with you the charm and warmth of the Inn and all of Cape Cod’s natural beauty. We want to reassure you that our first responsibility and top priority is the safety and well-being of each of our guests, members, and community as well as our team. Please take a moment to review our new wellness measures which are in place for your visit to the Inn. Should you have any additional questions, we invite you to contact us directly.
General Property Information
• The Inn is an ideal location to practice physical/social distancing due to the property’s waterfront layout with 30+ individual buildings throughout 25 acres. The entire property has been deep cleaned and sanitized and multiple cleanings continue throughout each day. Hand-sanitizing stations are also available throughout the property.
• Guests and team members will observe recommended distancing protocols.
• Personal protection equipment (PPE) amenity kits featuring disinfecting gel, nitrile rubber gloves and masks will be provided for guests.
• All resort outlets will comply with, or exceed, local or state mandated occupancy limits.
• All team members will receive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols with more comprehensive training for our teams with frequent guest contact.
• All team members will be wearing masks for their safety and the safety and comfort of guests. The health of our team members is carefully monitored on a daily basis.
Arrivals / Departures
• Guests have the option of self-parking or valet parking. Valet team members will wear masks and gloves and sanitize each vehicle and keys after valet parking. All vehicles will also be sanitized prior to returning them from valet.
• Guests requesting bell service will be assisted and the bell cart will be sanitized after each guest. And for guests staying in cottages, their luggage will be placed prior to guests entering their room.
• For complimentary Lexus transportation at the Inn and around town, no more than four guests will be permitted per SUV and no more than two guests per sedan.
• Occupancy limits and sanitation guidelines will be in place for the complimentary Lexus shuttle service.
Front Desk / Concierge
• Curbside check-in will be available as a check-in option.
• A new program is underway to offer remote programming of guest room keys with activation via mobile phones thereby eliminating direct contact.
• Zoom or Facetime meeting times will be available to guests that may still want a face to face interaction with our concierge to confirm bookings.
• Industry leading cleaning and sanitizing protocols are used to clean guest rooms, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
• Three levels of housekeeping services will be offered to each guest:
o Housekeeping Daily Service: The Classic Chatham Bars Inn standard, for those guests who prefer daily service and evening turn down service.
o Housekeeping Limited Service: Our team will access your room once daily to provide service and restock linens and amenities.
o Housekeeping Drop Service: Your fresh linens and towels along with any other requested amenities will be packaged and placed at your door upon your request.
• The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces.
• The frequency of air filter replacement and HVAC system cleaning has been increased and fresh air exchange will be maximized.
• New service options include Dinner on the Lawn, Picnic Lunch Baskets and In-Room White Glove Service.
• Seating capacity has been reduced in all restaurants and bars based on CDC recommendations.
• At the completion of a dining service, the table, chairs and menus will be sanitized prior to the next seating.
• All buffet and self-serve style dining has been modified to be individually plated and served.
• The spacing of tables in all restaurants has been adjusted to allow for six feet between tables.
• A limited number of guests will be allowed in the Spa, based on recommendations from local and state health departments.
• Spa services will include massages, nail treatments and body treatments, following all International Spa Association and CDC protocols.
• The Fitness Center and fitness classes will be monitored for social distancing. Fitness Center cardio equipment and weights have been spaced apart to meet social distancing guidelines.
Pool / Beach
• All pool cabana side curtains will be closed to distance guests from neighboring cabanas.
• Beach cabanas will be separated by 10 feet or greater.
• Guests will be escorted to chaise lounges set 6 feet apart at the pool and beach.
• Chair coverings and towels will be distributed individually in newly laundered packaging.
• Cabana refrigerators will be plastic-wrapped prior to each guest’s arrival.
Recreation / Boating
• Number of participants for activities will be lowered for indoor activities to allow for appropriate distancing guidelines. Emphasis will be placed on offering more outdoor activities through the Recreation and Kids Crew programming so team members and guests can safely participate in these activities.
• Team members will wipe down and sanitize each game and recreation item after use.
• All boat trips will be made private charters including fishing, whale watching, sailing, etc.
• All boats, gear, tackle, life jackets, etc. will be sanitized before a guest boards a vessel.
• Any food and beverage that is ordered by the guest will be packaged for the guest only and delivered to the boat. Items will be placed in a cooler on the boat before guests arrive.
• All complimentary beach shuttle trips will be scheduled, private trips only.
Tennis / Retail
• Tennis group lessons will include a maximum of 4 players per court.
• To maintain a 6-foot distance, only one customer and one salesperson at a time will be in each shop.
• There will be no trying on of garments and no returns at this time.
Kids Crew Daytime Program
• Complimentary day sessions (10am-12pm and 12:30pm-2:30pm) will each be limited to 6 children per age group and counselor/designated activity area.
• Private daytime childcare services are also available.
Evening Childcare Services
• Hours of evening childcare services are 5pm – 9pm for children aged 4 - 12.
• A questionnaire will be provided to note preferences for each family and review the childcare service.
• Pricing is $26 per hour with a limit of 3 children per sitter. There is a 24-hour cancellation policy.
Wellbeing Plan is subject to change based on guidance from the Center for Disease Control, MA Department of Public Health, American Hotel Lodging Association, International Spa Association and all other applicable government authorities.
For additional information on our Wellbeing Plan please Click Here