Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Chatham Bars Inn. The following information will help you with the application process and give you answers to the most frequently asked questions.
As New England's Premier Ocean Front Resort, Chatham Bars Inn employs only highly motivated, well-skilled and gracious associates who are looking to excel both personally and professionally. You will be expected to commit yourself to excellence, outstanding guest service and a positive attitude toward your work and fellow associates.
The hiring process begins with an application. Each department manager handles his or her own interviewing; therefore, please do not send a resume or application without expressing to us the position(s) for which you are applying. You may apply to more than one department or for more than one position. Please be specific and accurate about your skills and professional experience.
You may send a resume and cover letter, request an application to be mailed or e-mailed to you by calling 508.945.6730, or apply at our website by clicking on any job listing. To view the available opportunities, click on each department shown. Please do not e-mail us requesting general information.
Once you have presented us with your qualifications, please allow us one week to process your application. You may then follow up with a telephone call or e-mail directly to your targeted department(s). Because we receive hundreds of applications from candidates seeking employment, we are, unfortunately, unable to respond personally to each inquiry. Questions about pay rates and other job conditions should be directed to the specific department at the time of interview.
The Summer Season begins in early June and continues through Labor Day weekend. Our summer associates are a vital part of our ability to provide the very best to our guests and therefore must be willing and able to remain with us until the end of the season. If you are a student who is required to return to school before that time, please give us accurate information as to your return-to-school plans, as we will be checking your information against your school's official schedule. If you are able to stay with us through our very busy conference season, running through September, October and early November, please be sure to give us that information.
We recommend that you wait until after the first of the year for which you are applying to send us your summer season application.
Description: The responsibilities of the Cook includes but is not limited to focusing on accurately and efficiently cooking meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. The cook also performs other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation and presentation, including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates. Additional responsibilities:
Contribute to the growth and success of the team.
The Director of Food & Beverage is responsible for but not limited to providing leadership and management in all areas of food and beverage, dining outlets, and staff. In addition, the Director is responsible for meeting the objectives and standards set forth by the Resort.
training programs, work schedules, rules and regulations for the food and beverage
The Storeroom Clerk will be responsible for but not limited to maintaining and organizing all products within the storeroom/warehouse area, assisting with all product deliveries/receiving, placing and organizing goods in the warehouse, filling orders from inventory, and a variety of other duties pertaining to the storeroom/warehouse area.
The role of the House Attendant is to accomplish a list of tasks assigned by the Housekeeping Management in order to keep the property in good order and to increase the efficiency of the Room Attendants ability to clean rooms. These tasks will be completed according to the training program provided by Chatham Bars Inn and the standards set by the Leading Hotels of the World, of which Chatham Bars Inn is a valued member. Your job is to keep the property looking immaculate at all times. House Attendant must also ensure the confidentiality and security of all guests and their belongings. The ultimate goal is to provide an enjoyable and valuable experience for the guest. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: • Clean the housekeeping break room and storage areas • Make sure all hallways and staircases are clear • Maintain stocked, clean, and organized closets during and after each shift • Strip and/or make beds • Remove all bags of soiled linens and rubbish from the view of guests and place in designated areas or sheds • Stock and operate the Chatham Bars Inn linen truck in a responsible manner • Deliver all used room service items to the kitchen • Vacuum all hallways, staircases, closets etc • Report any maintenance deficiencies, guest requests or complaints to the House Attendant Supervisor • Dust and/or polish all surfaces in guestrooms and/or all public areas • Deliver cots, televisions, cribs, Pack n’ Plays, refrigerators, and remote controls
• Superior organizational skills • Can work well independently as well as in a team setting • Follows direction well • Able to meet deadlines • Able to lift up to 50 lbs. • Being flexible and motivated • Able to work with cleaning chemicals/products.
Must have a valid drivers license as driving a company truck will be a significant part of doing the job.
Overall responsibility of the Steward/Evening Cleaner is to ensure that product quality and service standards are met during the overnight shift. The key responsibilities include but are not limited to: • Cleaning kitchen wares (china, glass, silver, etc) while handling it with care to minimize breakage • Clean and maintain kitchen equipment • Making sure health and state regulations are followed at all times • Adhere to Hotel specifications and standards
• Must be able to work through the overnight hours • Superior organizational skills • Can work well independently as well as in a team setting • Follow direction well • Able to meet deadlines • Able to lift up to 50 lbs. • Able to work in an environment with warm temperatures • Being flexible and motivated • Must be able to work weekends and holidays
Overall responsibility of the Dishwasher is to ensure that product quality and service standards are met and that optimum service is provided to hotel guests. The key responsibilities include but are not limited to: • Cleaning kitchen wares (china, glass, silver, etc) while handling it with care to minimize breakage • Clean and maintain kitchen equipment • Making sure health and state regulations are followed at all times • Adhere to Hotel specifications and standards
• Superior organizational skills • Can work well independently as well as in a team setting • Follow direction well • Able to meet deadlines • Able to lift up to 50 lbs. • Able to work in an environment with warm temperatures • Being flexible and motivated • Must be able to work weekends and holidays
The Executive Pastry Chef is responsible for but not limited to overseeing the entire development and production of pastries, breads, sweets, ice cream, fillings and toppings, including their design, creation, execution and presentation. In addition, the Executive Pastry Chef supervises and manages the entire pastry staff while ensuring that quality control measures are being adhered to daily and that all recipes are being executed correctly and consistently.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to: Provide hotel guests with a quality pool and beach experience by providing superior guest service. Responsible for the operation, cleanliness and maintenance of pool and beach areas as well as equipment rentals, set up and maintenance. Assist guests throughout the day with towels, cabanas, equipment rentals, lounge chairs and many other important services.
The Gate Attendant is responsible for but not limited to providing a welcoming and secure environment by greeting guests upon arrival to the pool entrance, verifying guest names for admittance to the pool and communicating accurate information to guests.
• Fluency in English, both verbal and non-verbal • Current certification in CPR and First Aid • Able to spend long periods of time in the sun and on your feet • Ability to perform job functions with great attention to detail, speed and accuracy • Prioritize and organize • Follow direction thoroughly • Exert physical effort in transporting 40 lbs. of equipment • Previous experience working around pools or in the hospitality industry is preferred • Previous guest relations training is preferred
The Children’s Program Counselor is responsible for but not limited to motivating and interacting with the children, providing entertainment and ensuring the safety of the children attending the program. In addition the Counselor will create and implement new activities and special events.
• Two years’ experience working with groups of children or a related course of study (Elementary Education, Children’s Studies, Recreation & Leisure Studies, etc.) • Current certification in CPR & First Aid • Outgoing and personable • Ability to perform job functions with great attention to detail, speed and accuracy • Prioritize and organize • Follow direction thoroughly • Self-motivated and enthusiastic
The Tennis Pro Shop Attendant is responsible for but not limited to meeting and greeting all tennis clients. Schedule tennis court time, clinics and instruction and handle related equipment rental. Retail sales of pro shop merchandise.
• Excellent customer service skills • Knowledge of tennis rules, equipment, stringing and court maintenance • Excellent computer skills (three different software programs involved) • Ability to perform job functions with great attention to detail, speed and accuracy • Prioritize and organize • Multitask • Follow direction thoroughly • Self-motivated and enthusiastic • Outgoing and personable personality • Computer skills • Current certification in CPR & First Aid • Skilled tennis player • Retail experience
The Activities Leader is responsible for but not limited to facilitating and promoting daily and weekly activities and special events including theme dinners for hotel guests.
• Experience coordinating, participating in and leading a wide range of activities or a related course of study (Recreation & Leisure Studies) • Current certification in CPR & First Aid • Ability to perform job functions with great attention to detail, speed and accuracy • Prioritize and organize • Follow direction thoroughly • Self-motivated and enthusiastic • Outgoing and personable • Summer camp experience. • Previous mascot experience • Current certification in Water Safety Instruction
The Director of Sales and Marketing is responsible for but not limited to developing, implementing, and managing the objectives and policies set forth in the marketing plan that will secure new and repeat business. This includes increasing corporate and social sales and competitive positioning of the resort within the marketplace and achieving assigned financial goals. This is realized by analyzing markets and proposing strategies through market research, package development, advertising, and sales promotion programs, this is in addition to managing the costs incurred by advertising, labor, and other operational costs.
The Reservations Agent will be responsible for but not limited to handling all incoming reservation calls with efficiency and professionalism, be able to make reservations, cancellations, and answer questions on rates, hotel facilities, services and special promotions, The Reservations Agent will adhere to and consistently apply the Chatham Bars Inn Standards to include Leading Hotels of the World Quality Assurance Standards, Forbes, and AAA. Other responsibilities include:
• Reservations experience, hotel/resort preferred • Experience in sales preferred • Superior customer service skills • Ability to multi-task • Strong attention to detail and organization • Excellent computer skills • Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills • Must be able to sit for long periods of time • Flexibility with regards to weekly schedules is necessary as is being able to work weekends and holidays
Responsible for but not limited to performing nail treatments as set forth on our menu of services. Responsible for assisting the Lead Nail Technician in maintaining all inventories relative to the accomplishment of all nail treatments, inclusive of products and equipment.
Individual must possess proficient nail skills, and be willing & able to learn more. Must possess the ability to understand and adhere to safety rules and policy & procedure manuals.
Responsible for but not limited to performing spa body treatments as set forth on our menu of services relative to body and massage therapies. Responsible for maintaining all inventories relative to the accomplishment of all massage and body therapies, inclusive of products and equipment.
Individual must possess proficient massage therapist/body work skills, and be willing & able to learn more. Must possess the ability to interpret documents, such as, memos, safety rules and policy & procedure manuals.
Availability: Requires a flexible schedule based on business, client, and staffing demands.
Education and/or Experience: Minimum 5 years experience as Massage Therapist/Body Worker or equivalent managerial experience. Current Massachusetts Licensure necessary. National Certification appreciated. Guest service experience necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to stand for a minimum of 6 hours a day. Must be able to push, pull, tug, lift, and carry up to 50 lbs. in the preparation of all treatments and training for treatments.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment is fast paced, where guest satisfaction is a primary objective. Must be able to work in an environment where guests are scantily clad or disrobing for services.